Prime Bank Limited
Warning against illegal forex trading/dealing | Disclosure on Risk Based Capital (Basel II & III)
Disclosure on Green Banking
COVID-19: Central Quick Response Team | Report on unclaimed fund deposited to Bangladesh Bank
Home Prime Bank Schedule of Charges Prime Bank Interest Rates Prime Bank AML/KYC Info Prime Bank Complaint Cell
Capital Market Stabilization Fund Transfer
» Hasanah Deposit Products » Hasanah Investment Products
» Hasanah Foreign Trade » Profit Rates
» Prime Bank Shari'ah Supervisory Committee
» Weightage and Distribution of profit under Islamic Banking
Weightage and Distribution of Final Profit under Islamic Banking
Prime Bank Limited is operating 05 (five) Islamic Banking branches based on Islamic Shariah, which absolutely prohibits receipts and payments of interest in any form. The operation of these 05 (five) branches are totally different from other conventional banking branches as they operate on the basis of profit sharing arrangement.

Fixation of final profit rate for the year 2017

Provisional profit are applied to the different types of depositors at the rates to be decided by the Bank from time to time taking into consideration of the industry trend and that of the rates of other Islamic Banks in Bangladesh. Final rates of profit are declared annually as at 31 December in every year on the basis of income earned from different investments and other business by individual branches and distributed as per weightage of the different deposit products.

For the year ended 31 December 2017, 70% of total investment income is distributed to the different types of Mudaraba depositors (except no cost fund) according to the weightage. The remaining 30% of the investment income is retained by the Bank as Management fee (25%) and Investment loss Off-setting Reserve (5%).

Weightage and Final Profit rate for the year 2017 is given below:
Deposit types Weightage Final rate of profit for the year 2017(%)
Mudaraba Saving Deposits 0.75 5.20
Mudaraba Short Notice Deposits 0.52 3.60
Mudaraba Payroll 0.75 5.20
Mudaraba Term Deposits
        36 Months 1.00 6.93
       24 Months 0.98 6.79
       12 Months 0.96 6.65
       06 Months 0.92 6.38
       03 Months 0.88 6.10
       01 Month 0.84 5.82
Mudaraba Education Savings Scheme 1.20 8.32
Mudaraba Monthly Contributory Savings Scheme 1.05 7.28
Mudaraba Monthly Benefit Deposit Scheme 1.02 7.07
Mudaraba Double Benefit Scheme 1.02 7.07
Mudaraba Hajj Savings Scheme 1.20 8.32
Mudaraba Lakhpoti Deposit Scheme 1.05 7.28
Mudaraba Lakhpoti Deposit Scheme>3 1.05 7.28
Mudaraba Millionaire Deposit Scheme 1.05 7.28
Mudaraba House Building Deposit Scheme 1.05 7.28
Mudaraba My First Account 0.75 5.20
Mudaraba Sukonna Deposit 0.75 5.20
Mudaraba Nobagoto Deposit 1.05 7.28
Mudaraba 150% Deposit Scheme 1.01 7.00
Mudaraba LaksmaPuran Saving Scheme 1.05 7.28
Mudaraba Brighter Tomorrow 0.96 6.65
Mudaraba Cash Waqf (Fixed) 1.20 8.32
Mudaraba Waqf (Installment) 1.20 8.32
 Alternative Delivery Channel
Prime Bank Debit Card
Internet Banking : ALTITUDE
SMS Banking
 Products & Services
Consumer Banking
Wholesale Banking
Islamic Banking
MSME Banking
NRB Banking
Offshore Banking
HR Vision & Message
HR Principles
Selection Process
Available Jobs
 About Prime Bank
About Prime Bank
Vision, Mission, Corporate
Corporate Milestones
Corporate Social Responsibilities
Awards & Achievements
 Corporate Governance
Board of Directors
Executive Committee
Audit Committee
Board Risk Management Committee
Nomination and Remuneration
 Our Subsidiaries
Prime Bank Investment Limited
Prime Bank Securities Limited
Prime Exchange Co. Pte Ltd.
PBL Exchange (UK) Limited
PBL Finance (Hong Kong) Limited
Prime Bank Foundation
Branches Prime Bank SME Branches Prime Bank ATM Locations Prime Bank Deposit Calculator Prime Bank Exchange Rates Prime Bank InFocus Prime Bank Downloads Prime Bank Special Notice Prime Bank Tender Prime Bank Auction Prime Bank News