Prime Bank, is a top-tier second generation local commercial bank in Bangladesh established in 1995. Headquartered in the heart of Dhaka's bustling financial hub Motijheel, the Bank's operational footprint is spread all over the country with 146 branches and 170 ATM locations. It was incorporated under the Companies Act of 1994.
Prime Bank is best known for its expertise in Corporate and Institutional Banking and its innovative Digital Banking services. Global Finance, a North America based leading financial publication has recognized Prime Bank as the Best Bank in Bangladesh in 2020. Prime Bank has also been awarded as the Best Digital Bank in Bangladesh in 2020 by Asiamoney, another global financial publication. In 2014, Prime Bank initiated a 'Business Model Restructuring and Centralization' project to bring more coherence in its banking practices while re-engineering its business processes to enhance resource efficiency.
To be the best Private Commercial Bank in Bangladesh in terms of efficiency, capital adequacy, asset quality, sound management and profitability having strong liquidity.
To build Prime Bank Limited into an efficient, market-driven, customer focused institution with good corporate governance structure.
Continuous improvement of our business policies, procedure and efficiency through integration of technology at all levels.
For our Customers
- To provide the most courteous and efficient service in every aspect of its business. To be innovative in the development of new banking products and services.
For our Employees
- By promoting their well-being through attractive remuneration and fringe benefits.
- By promoting good staff morale through proper staff training and development, and provision of opportunities for career development.
For our Shareholders
- By forging ahead and consolidating its position as a stable and progressive financial institution.
- By generating profits and fair return on their investment.
For our Community
- By assuming our role as a socially responsible corporate citizen in a tangible manner By adhering closely to national policies and objectives thereby contributing towards the progress of the nation.
- By upholding ethical values and best practices.
- Constantly seeking to improve performance by aligning our goals with stakeholders expectations because we value them.
Our Efforts are Focused
On delivery of quality services in all areas of banking activities with the aim to add increased value to shareholders investment and offer highest possible benefits to our customers.
2021 - PRESENT
- Launching of real-time remittance service RemitPrime
- Launching of AI & machine learning based Chatbot (PrimeAssist)
- Launching of first digital loan disbursement system for the garments workers
- Issued first LC under Export Credit Guarantee Program of United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) from Bangladesh and did first Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR) based transaction
- Launching of MyPrime replacing Altitude as one of the smoothest internet banking platforms of the country
- Launching of Export Receivables financing & international factoring
- Launching of Japan Desk
2016 - 2020
- Launching of JCB Platinum Credit Card
- Launching of Omni Digital Platform - “PrimePay”
- Initiation of Agent Banking Operations First Interbank Blockchain LC Transaction by a Bangladeshi Bank
- Arranged First Virtual Annual General Meeting of the Bank
- Inauguration of the Mujib Corners
- Enlistment with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) for import of agricultural commodities
2011 - 2015
- Launching of Phone Banking
- Incorporation of PBL Finance (Hong Kong) Ltd.
- Change of Face Value & Market Lot of Shares
- Launching of Islamic Credit Card
- JCB Card’s online acquiring service
- Incorporation of Prime Bank Nursing Institute
- Launching of JCB Cards in Bangladesh
- Launching Premium Banking Service ‘Monarch’
- Launching of First Business World MasterCard
- Credit Card in Bangladesh
- Incorporation and Initiation of the Prime Exchange Co. Pte. Limited
- Opening of first Off-shore Banking Unit at DEPZ, Savar, Dhaka
- Launching of first Automated Teller Machine (ATM)
- Launching of Internet Banking and first SME Centre
- Incorporation of PBL Exchange (UK) Ltd.
- Issuance of Subordinated Bond of Tk. 2.50 billion
- Incorporation of Prime Bank Securities Limited
- (PBSL) & Prime Bank Investment Ltd. (PBIL)
- Conducted ground breaking ceremony of Prime Tower
- Launching of SMS Banking
- Obtained permission for issuance of Rights Share
- from Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission
17-Apr-2005Completion of 10 years of service
29-Mar-2001Registered Merchant Banker with SEC
27-Mar-2000Listed with Dhaka Stock Exchange Limited
29-Mar-2000Trading of Shares in Dhaka Stock Exchange Limited
29-Mar-2000Trading of Shares in Chittagong Stock Exchange Limited
29-Aug-1999Initial Public offering - Publication of Prospectus
09-Sep-1999Initial Public offering - Subscription Opened
22-Sep-1999Initial Public offering - Subscription closed
15-Nov-1999Listed with Chittagong Stock Exchange Limited
05-Feb-1995Memorandum and Articles of Association signed by the sponsors
12-Feb-1995Incorporation of the company
12-Feb-1995Certificate of commencement of Business
20-Feb-1995License issued by Bangladesh Bank
08-Apr-1995License issued for opening the first branch, Motijheel
17-Apr-1995Formal launching of the Bank
17-Apr-1995Commencement of Business from Motijheel Branch
18-Dec-1995Commencement of Islamic Banking Business from IBB, Dilkusha